Yes!!! This is definitely a Dis hairdo! Thorin’s coronation (hey it’s my headcanon, I’ll think what I want)
The red colouring is still faintly there even after a wash! hurrah! Though it doesn’t quite suit my skintone =P Maybe orange would! =P Kehehe
The results of my hair colouring adventure.
That’s actually a really weirdly angled photo. I only just realised…. Ah well!
The chalk was put on Friday night and it’s now monday evening. And no, I haven’t washed my hair in all that time =P I was working in a butcher’s all weekend so it would only have become yicky anyway and the colour would have faded.
I’m quite surprised as to how well it’s stayed in though! The colour is a bit brighter in real life too. But I reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaally need to wash my hair now so it’ll probably fade. Sadness.
But come the end of term I think Im going to have fun making my hair rainbow =P
For anyone who’s interested, the chalk is Vixen’s; Hair Graffiti. It contains a box of rainbow chalks that can be purchased in bright or pastel sets. It seems a reasonable price for what it contains but I don’t know how long each individual chalk would last. With “classic” ength hair I think you’d only get a few applications form each colour. Also it’s not the most practical if you wanted to do a full head of hair - would take FOREVER! It was fun to do about five streaks though and they worked quite well.
I’ve found it rubs off on hats but not on pillows or clothing. Might be different if you had lots on. Also it rubs off on hands and hairbrushes etc when styling =P
The lovely Torrin with a tutorial on how to do a Carousel Braid.
Her youtube channel is amazing. Seriously, go check it out at torrinpaige
So my workplace is all done up in the colours of the local NRL sports team for the game on Saturday and I was going to braid ribbons of that colour into my hair for the fun of it. But then I saw temporary hair colour chalk and it was cheaper than the ribbons (I know, what even!?) and now I have it. Mua ha ha!! >=D
Red and blue hair? Hell yes! Still have to braid a white ribbon in though - no white chalk.
Only on the bus home did I read “usually removed in 1-5 washes”. Haha, ha ha…… 5 washes? WHAT IF THEY DON’T WIN!?!?!? I don’t even follow the sport let alone the team!!!!! =P Work the next day is gonna be fun if they don’t win…… =P
I think it’s time to re-instate my Try-A-New-Hairstyle-Every-Week plan. With summer drawing near I might want to get used to updos again.
Might start with a GoT style this week. Got any suggestions after that?
hetwya: Hope you don’t mind another one of him ;)
Of course not, he has the most beautiful hair I have ever seen c:
A man with long hair! Hurrah! Also I want a copy of his shirt =P
My sister and I, who both have lengthy, flowing manes, had fun creating a list of questions people often ask us about our long hair. Here it goes:
• How did you get your hair so long/ how did you grow your hair so long? (really?)
• How long is your hair?
• Has your hair always been that long?
• When is the last time you cut your hair?
• Do you cut your hair?
• Do you trim your hair?
• When is the last time you trimmed your hair?
• Do you ever think about cutting your hair (short/shorter)?
• How long have you been growing your hair?
• How long are you going to grow your hair?
• Are you growing it for the Guinness World Record?
• Are you going to make a wig out of your hair?
• Are you going to cut your hair to donate it?
• Are you trying to be Rapunzel?
• Do people ever call you Rapunzel?
• Can I call you Rapunzel?
• Is that your real hair?
• Do you have extensions?
• Do you have split ends?
• Don’t you have bad split ends from growing your hair?
• What products do you use?
• How do you take care of that much hair?
• How often do you brush your hair?
• How long does it take to brush your hair?
• Does your arm get tired when brushing your hair?
• Does your hair get knotty or tangled when you sleep?
• Is your hair long enough that you can sit on it?
• Does that much hair make you itchy?
• Does that much hair make you hot?
• Is it heavy?
• Is it a nuisance?
•Does it hurt if you hit yourself in the face with it?
• Why do you have long hair?
• Do you like having long hair?
• Can I have your hair?
• Will you trade me your hair?
• Do people ask you a lot about your hair?
I get asked a lot of these about my own hair but I’ve never been asked “Does it hurt if you hit yourself in the face with it?” =P I admire the creativity and orriginality of that question! Mostly I just get “Wow! I just have to say your hair is really long!!” At least they take it in good humour when I act surprised and suddenly fearfull of it =P